Monday, May 27, 2013

First Post: What is the world's most beautiful Beach?

Is there such a thing as the world's most beautiful beach?

If there is such a thing as the world's most beautiful beach, where is it?

How can you judge something that is so inherently subjective?

I figured out a way. I created a simple criteria that I find effective in judging beaches. It works for the party centers of Panama City, Florida and Ibiza as well as the intimate settings of Santorini, Antigua, and Phi Phi Island.

On some level, I realize there is no such thing as the world's most beautiful beach and that most of the fun is in the journey of visiting these beaches. At first, this was part of my bucket list but in calculating the potential locations of this mythical beach I realized that to spend even a week at each location would take 70 years. Therefore I would like to enlist the help of the world in finding this shangri-la. It takes the strength of a community to maintain a beautiful beach anyway and what good is a beautiful beach if no one is there to enjoy it with you?

Why now:

Climate change is destroying these locations and I would like to see the beaches in at least Kiribati and the Maldives before these places sink.


No comments:

Post a Comment